- At least one of the top three ingredients must be a soy product (i.e. tofu, soy milk, kinako)
- Soy products used in the recipes must be available at regular stores
- All ingredients and cooking utensils must be supplied by competitors.
- Semi-finalists must attend the VIP Reception on May 10, 2014 at Berkeley Bowl West and prepare enough 1 fluid ounce samples for at least 40 guest judges, and one full serving for display.
- All semi-finalists will receive a $20 gift certificate to Berkeley Bowl, which may be used to purchase ingredients.
- Finalists must attend The Northern California Soy & Tofu Fest on June 7, 2014 in SF Japantown and prepare enough 1 fluid ounce samples for 40 audience judges, and five full servings for special judges.
- Contestants are allowed and encouraged to prepare ahead. Limited appliances are available at the semi-finals and finals.
- Contest is open to both professionals and amateurs.
- The Nichi Bei Foundation reserves the right to publish the competitor’s name, recipe, city of residence and occupation.
- Entries will be judged upon: taste, creativity, presentation and incorporation of soy.
- Applications must be received by the Nichi Bei Foundation by April 27, 2014.
- Semi-finalists will be informed of their selection by May 4, 2014.
FIRST PLACE: $500 cash + festival goody bag
SECOND PLACE: $300 cash + festival goody bag
THIRD PLACE: $100 cash + festival goody bag
For more information, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For updates on the 2014 Northern California Soy and Tofu Festival follow us Facebook!