A Gateway to a Healthier Lifestyle
The Northern California Soy and Tofu Festival will feature guest speakers who are able to talk about the nutritional benefits of tofu and soy products, their nutrition facts, as well as the benefits of soy products in general — focusing on the alternative and innovative uses of soy.
A special spotlight will feature the Asian American Donor Program talking about the need for people to join the Be The Match marrow registry. This will include Vincent Pan, executive director of Chinese for Affirmative Action, talking about his successful marrow donation that saved a 12-year-old’s life.
The Evolution of the Bean: Expanding our knowledge about the various uses of soy. Presentations throughout the day.
- 12:10 p.m. Tofu Misozuke, an ancient delicacy, Rau Om
- 12:45 p.m. cruncha ma-me and Hodo Soy Beanery
- 1:20 p.m. Shedding Light: From Soybean Oil Candles to Lotion and Massage Oil Katherine Song of Katey’s Kandles
- 1:50 p.m. Spotlight: Asian American Donor Program and the need for marrow donor registrants; with successful marrow donor Vincent Pan
- 2:25 p.m. Minh Tsai, founder, Hodo Soy Beanery; and Sonoko Sakai, founder, Common Grains
- 2:45 p.m. RM Creations, soy candles