Come discover the joy of soy at the ninth annual Northern California Soy and Tofu Festival
A fundraiser for the Nichi Bei Foundation, to support the publication of the Nichi Bei Weekly
• Cooking Demonstrations • Scavenger Hunt (NEW!) • Soy & Tofu Vendors • Soy & Tofu Dessert Competition • Live Performances • Soy Samples • Raffle • Food Trucks • Soy Education
WHEN: Saturday, June 29, 2019, 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
Event Center at Saint Mary’s Cathedral
1111 Gough St. (at Geary Boulevard)
FREE TOTE to the first 500 in attendance
WATCH VIDEO RETROSPECTIVE OF 2017 FESTIVAL:
WATCH VIDEO INTERVIEWS WITH 2017 VENDORS:
WATCH VIDEO OF 2017 PERFORMERS:
Click below to check out the Program Booklet for the Fifth Annual Northern California Soy and Tofu Festival!
Support our IndieGoGo campaign! And help us raise funds to cover growing Festival expenses.
Today marks the 20th Anniversary of the Sandlot, one of the greatest kids movies of all time. To celebrate, we’re recreating the perfect s’more (as taught by Ham Porter), with one little substitute: vegan marshmallows! We love Dandies original vanilla vegan mallows — packed with soy protein. Pair with your preferred graham and chocolate, and you’re ready to go!
Ham Porter: Hey, you want a s’more?
Smalls: Some more of what?
Ham Porter: No, do you want a s’more?
Smalls: I haven’t had anything yet… so how can I have some more of nothing?
Ham Porter: You’re killing me, Smalls!
“Alright now pay attention.”
- “ First you take the graham, you stick the chocolate on the graham.”
- “Then you roast the ‘mallow. When the ‘mallows flaming… you stick it on the chocolate.”
- “Then cover with the other end.”
- “Then you scarf. Kind of messy, but good!”