Dear Potential Vendor,
We’re Soy’s and Tofu’s biggest fans, and we have a festival to prove it! Join us in celebrating soy foods, health, and culture by becoming a vendor of the Ninth Annual Northern California Soy and Tofu Festival on Saturday, June 29, 2019, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., at The Event Center at Saint Mary’s Cathedral, 1111 Gough Street (at Geary Boulevard) in San Francisco’s Japantown.
This popular culinary and cultural festival attracts visitors of all ages. Events include delicious food from soy and tofu vendors, a tofu dessert competition, a craft market, an educational forum, live music and entertainment, and more family-fun activities like a Scavenger Hunt.
We’d love to have you join as a vendor this coming year. We’re looking for a few core categories of vendors:
• Food vendors selling a Soy or Tofu dish as a signature item. These really vendors make our festival what it is. Posted fees below DO NOT include mandatory San Francisco Public Health Department permitting fees.
- Food Trucks: $150
- Food Vendors: $100-$125 (was $125-$150)
- Nonprofit Food Vendors: $75 (was $100)
Additionally, the San Francisco Health Department will require the following permit fees:
Low Hazard Food Booth S.F. Health Dept. Permit: $105
Details: An operation that handles, sells or distributes only non-potentially hazardous foods in a method that does not create a high hazard of contamination. (e.g. packaged candy bars, packaged cookies, canned sodas, etc.).
High Hazard Food Booth S.F. Health Dept. Permit: $207
Details: An operation that handles, sells or distributes potentially hazardous foods or foods in a method that has a potential high hazard of contamination. (e.g. meat, dairy, seafood, cooked starches, etc.) or (e.g. cooking, slicing, mixing, etc.).
• Craft makers and artisans. If you feature soy or tofu in your products, even better, but it would be great if you produce hand-made, Asian-inspired crafts.
- Artisan Vendors: $75 (was $100)
• Health and Wellness organizations. We love educating the community about how to live healthy and beneficial lives
- Health and Wellness: $100 (was $125)
• Community-based nonprofit organizations. Do you help empower the local community? Then come join and share how you make the region a better place to life.
- Nonprofit (information tables only): FREE (was $50)
About expenses: We charge a booth fee to cover the expense of reserving the festival location and other costs of the festival. A small portion of the fee also goes towards supporting the historic Nichi Bei Foundation, publishers of the nonprofit community newspaper Nichi Bei Weekly and presenter of numerous educational programs such as Films of Remembrance and an Angel Island Pilgrimage. You can learn more about the Nichi Bei Foundation at http://www.nichibei.org.
Right now we’re reaching out to a large number of potential vendors and finding the ones that best fit. Apply to be a vendor and we’ll contact you if you’re a great fit and we still have space available. Each vendor type has a different set of fees (but those only happen if you’re selected to join), so be sure to select the right category.
Thanks and have a tofulicious day!
To secure your place in the festival please fill out the preliminary Vendor Application:
For updates on the 2019 Northern California Soy and Tofu Festival like us Facebook!