CALL FOR ENTRIES!
Submit your original soy dessert recipes for a chance at soy stardom! A running tradition of the festival, our Tofu Dessert Competition showcases unique and creative takes on the versatility of soy and tofu. Please read the instructions to compete below very carefully!
- At least one of the top three ingredients must be a soy product (i.e. tofu, soy milk, kinako).
- Entry must be in English.
- Submit photo, 100-word description, and recipe.
- Soy products used in the recipes must be available at regular stores.
- All ingredients and cooking utensils must be supplied by competitors.
- Those selected must attend the Finals at the VIP Reception for Sponsors on Saturday, June 3, 2023 in San Francisco’s Japantown. The contestant must prepare enough 1 fluid ounce samples for 60 audience judges, and five full servings for the panel of judges.
- Contestants are allowed and encouraged to prepare ahead, although space will be available for plating at the Festival.
- Contest is open to both professionals and amateurs.
- The Nichi Bei Foundation reserves the right to publish the competitor’s name, recipe, city of residence and occupation.
- All Semi-Finalists will receive a $20 Berkeley Bowl gift card.
- Finalists at the Festival will be judged by a panel upon: taste, creativity, presentation and incorporation of soy, and the Audience Judges will select a People’s Choice winner.
- Applications must be received by the Nichi Bei Foundation by May 15, 2023. Finalists will be selected from the entries and informed of their selection by May 22, 2023.
FIRST PLACE: $300 cash + festival goody bag
SECOND PLACE: $200 cash + festival goody bag
THIRD PLACE: $100 cash + festival goody bag
For more information, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org