- At least one of the top three ingredients must be a soy product (i.e. tofu, soy milk, kinako).
- Entry must be in English.
- Submit photo, 100-word description, and recipe.
- Soy products used in the recipes must be available at regular stores.
- All ingredients and cooking utensils must be supplied by competitors.
- Those selected must attend the Finals at the VIP Reception for Sponsors on Saturday, June 25, 2022 in San Francisco’s Japantown. The contestant must prepare enough 1 fluid ounce samples for 60 audience judges, and five full servings for the panel of judges.
- Contestants are allowed and encouraged to prepare ahead, although space will be available for plating at the Festival.
- Contest is open to both professionals and amateurs.
- The Nichi Bei Foundation reserves the right to publish the competitor’s name, recipe, city of residence and occupation.
- All Semi-Finalists will receive a $20 Berkeley Bowl gift card.
- Applications must be received by the Nichi Bei Foundation by June 9, 2022. Finalists will be selected from the entries and informed of their selection by June 13, 2022.
- Finalists at the Festival will be judged by a panel upon: taste, creativity, presentation and incorporation of soy, and the Audience Judges will select a People’s Choice winner.
FIRST PLACE: $300 cash + festival goody bag
SECOND PLACE: $200 cash + festival goody bag
THIRD PLACE: $100 cash + festival goody bag
For more information, e-mail: email@example.com